Sunday, June 7, 2009

Camping Trip

So yesterday I got up and went to Alaina's to help with the garage sale. I ended up getting a few things, some glasses and a hat- stuff like that. Alaina and I then went to Chipolte to get food for everyone (to be honest it was hot and we didn't want to pack everything up) which we all enjoyed very much. It was Alaina's mom and her two friends; they're all a bunch of wackos, in a good way of course. It's entertaining to just sit back and listen to them talk. They're all Buddhist but extremely catty it's kind of contradicting.

Afterwards, Alaina decided at last minute that we would go camping with Jeffrey and his friends since he had invited us and it was only a half hour drive up there. Camping in the desert is definatley something that a person needs to be more prepared for than just hopping in the car and going. I was wearing a pair of black slacks, my worn-out shoes and a red tank top; Alaina wore flipflops, jeans and a t-shirt. Needless to say we had some issues with pricklies getting stuck in our pants and feet. But since we were in the middle of nowhere, I changed into board shorts that I had sitting in my trunk and my dress boots. My brother just looked at the boots and laughed since they were heals, but they kept my ankles safe so I really didn't care. Alaina's shoes were foam so she kept getting cactus stuck in them and eventually got a piece stuck in her foot. Jeff pulled it out, but she wasn't too happy about it. Amanda had the worst battle scars from cactus though, she drank an entire bottle of champaine then threw up and in the process stuck her head in a cactus, then got them all over her legs. Steven said that next time she would be wearing long pants, sweatshirt, beanie... basically snow gear.

I definatley prefer camping in the woods to the desert, but it was fun none the least.

Also, Wes is working on my computer now. Apparently it was more messed up than I thought. He's determined to make it good enough to run sims though, which I have absolutley no complaints about. I <3 Sims!

No comments:

Post a Comment