Thursday, May 20, 2010

Current Events

 I read an article today
about Pakistan banning Facebook and Youtube.
At first I was skeptical,
but it kind of made sense.
There was a Facebook page
that was created in support of South Park
that had people post drawings and what not
of the Prophet Mohamed.
No big deal, right?
Wrong!
It is I guess what you would call a sin to do such.
Basically, it's disrespectful.
Now, I think that sometimes, we Americans try a little too hard
to protect the feelings and beliefs of others.
However,
respecting the little things is something
that never should be forgotten.
Banning all of Facebook and Youtube?
Maybe that's a bit extreme,
but it does get the point across.

On a different note,
I've come to terms with
clothes, toys, furniture, and such
being made in foreign countries
*cough*China*cough*
but it seems more and more movies
are even fleeing overseas.
Captain America
a movie about how great America is
(summed up in one super hero)
is being filmed in Europe,
only because it's the cheap thing to do.
I feel like screaming at people,
DO SOMETHING!
Why did we raise minimum wage?
It only made things more expensive.
Why do actors/sports players get paid so much?
Seriously,
the only justification I have ever gotten,
is that they only make one movie every so often
so they have to get paid more!
Duh! 
Okay,
I can deal with that.
But lets say they work six months on one movie,
they should get the same average pay
as most people get in six months
and that's at a most.
I still say that's too much,
but it would be what I think is a good compromise.

As I get older,
I realize how much I want to change,
how much I know that can be changed.
And yet, I have no idea where to start.
I can complain all I want about minimum wage,
or about government spending,
or salaries,
or whatever else,
but nothing is going to be done
just because one girl whines.

I'm tempted to get a petition started
on some of these complaints.
I. just. don't. know. where. to. start.

Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment