Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hero

There is someone in my life
that frustraits the heck outa me.
They used to be my hero,
and I still find myself
grasping at the strings of the idea
of that hero coming back to me.

They lied to me on more than one occation
over silly little things
that I never would have cared about otherwise.
I was never the type to lecture them.
After all,
they were my hero,
and there was nothing they could do
to make me feel otherwise.
Except to lie.

There have been those in my life
that I thought so high of
and then purposely found their faults
so that I could let them go.
This was not one of those people.

I want our relationship
to be the way it was.
We've grown apart in the past,
but never for a reason more than that we didn't see each other.
Now I'm scared.
I'm moving away,
and I'm affraid
it's only going to cause us to grow even further apart.

I'm not so naiive to say
that it won't be my fault if we don't stay close.
It's up to me (and them) to stay in touch.
But I'm also not so naiive to say
that the distance won't hurt.
The reason I am leaving
is for school.
I have to work to survive.
I'm going to be living my life
as will they.
Phone calls, texting, and Facebook
won't be enough
to be as strong as we once were.

But over anything else,
I will always love them.
Through thick and thin,
over the ups,
and below the lows,
I will never stop striving
to have the relationship we once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment