Saturday, July 17, 2010

Awaiting Ideas

Two nights ago,
I went to sleep at 8pm and didn't get up until 9:30am
Last night,
I fell asleep watching TV at 6:30pm
then woke up at 9pm
and couldn't fall asleep unitl
3am.
I then woke up at 3:15
and ran screaming down my hallway
because the spider/cockroaches were chasing me.
(Aka nightmares.)
That's happened to me
several times since moving now.
Hopefully I don't do it while Susie is here,
I'd probably scare the crap out of her.

I got up at 8:58am today
and got ready for the day.
I went to Starbucks on my way to the DMV
(Mommy got me a gift card :})
I didn't have to wait long at all,
but it's a bit different than AZ.
First, you stand in line for information,
no matter if you have the forms filled out or not.
Then they send you to whatever line next.
Personally,
I got sent to the "Written Test" room
since I am under 21
I had to retake the written test
to get my Nevada license.
There was no line there,
and the guy helping me was super nice.
He did a quick pre-test with me
to see if I needed to study
(Which I most definately did)
Nevada has some weird laws,
the one that stood out the most to me
was that if a person graffitti's a building
they get their license revoked for 3 years.

It cost $25 to take the test,
but I passed!
You could get ten of fifty wrong,
I got eight,
seven of which were within the first 10 questions.
Boy, was I nervous!!!

After taking that test,
they told me because I have three moving violations,
I have to take the behind the wheel test next.
Unfortunately,
the next appointment isn't for 5 weeks,
I made mine for September 3rd 10:30am
so that it wouldn't interfere with classes
(No class on Fridays.)

I was worried,
because I have to have either
a Nevada license or voter registration
to get in-state tuition at UNLV.
Like I said,
the guy was super nice,
and gave me a form to get an immediate
temporary voter registration until my permanent one
comes in the mail.
Lucky me! :)
I then went to UNLV to register for in-state,
but the office is only open Mon-Fri 8-5
which I was sort of expecting.
I'll have to go Monday.

I got Panda on the way home,
and now I'm sitting at my house,
waiting for an idea to pop into my head.

2 comments:

  1. I hate the DMV.. haha, sorry you have to take the behind the wheel. no bueno.
    I don't have classes on Friday either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the test makes me nervous since I tend to freak when others judge my driving, but whatevs. I'm hoping not having classes on Fridays helps me have a couple weekends to come back to Arizona during the semester :]

    ReplyDelete