Thursday, July 29, 2010

Confidence

Extrovert at heart, introvert by nature.
I'm trying so hard,
to stop being so shy all the time.
So today,
I did something new:
I went to Applebees
by myself!
I'm so proud :D

At first,
I was really nervous.
The host/greeter guy seemed to be embarrassed for me.
The waitress asked if I wanted a drink
and if I'd prefer to sit at the bar.
When I told her I wasn't 21,
she giggled nervously.
I did however,
order a Strawberry Daiquiri (virgin)
which btw was delicious,
not to mention a real treat.


I had a Caesar salad to start off,
but it was drowned in dressing
and pretty soggy,
so I only ate the croutons
and crunchier lettuce pieces.


I ordered this for the entree:


Garlic mashed potatoes,
steak smothered in cheese,
red and green peppers,
mushrooms...
YUM!

To top things off,
I couldn't walk away without
my favorite dessert :)


While I was eating, I wrote a little bit,
read a little more,
and had the chance to do one of my favorite activities:
people watching.

All in all,
it was a pretty pleasant experience.
I don't think it will ever be my first choice,
but it was definitely a lot less scary than I thought it would be.

On a different topic,
I got a job at Target!
It isn't my first choice
to work the food counter,
but a job is a job.
I also wasn't too pleased,
that I'm not making as much as I was,
but again,
a job is a job.
And a job is better than none.
I had two interviews,
and the second lady,
was the one that would be my immediate boss.
She said she'll probably cross train me,
which I told her would be perfect.

I don't think working at the food counter will be bad,
I've worked food before.
I just don't want to do it every day,
so cross training will be nice :)
I gotta put in my dues though, right???

[[I can't wait for August 17th!]]

4 comments:

  1. YAYYY!! I 'm so happy for you Britt.
    Believe me.. i put in my dues at BBW and it was absolutely worth it. You'll move on it in no time baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for going to Applebee's by yourself. I think that's a good little challenge to help you break out of your shell...I should try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete