Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hair Issues

So I have decided that for my twenty first birthday I'm chopping all of my hair off and dying it blonde blonde. This is what Alaina looks like with it, and it's the exact coloring that I want, but I'll probably play with the style a bit.

Photobucket

I absolutely love the choppy look with hair, I don't really know why. Layers are just fun. Right now I'm trying to find something new cut-wise. I was looking at some pictures from about a year ago and I really liked how my bangs were cut at one point. The only problem with bangs is that my hair grows waaaaaay too fast. It bothers me because they always get in my way and then they get to a length that isn't attractive anymore. Like when they're at chin level, they look like crap because they won't stay in a pony because they're too short but they don't look good just swept to the side either. But knowing me I probably will end up getting bangs again next time I see Joyce.

I also am looking for an immediate fix for my color. I can't stand it; it's not brown but it's not blonde either it just looks dirty. I have only kept it for this long because everyone says that they like it, but the more and more I look at it I just can't stand it. It's just not my color, my skin almost blends with it and my makeup style is definitely designed for dark hair. And besides that I find myself to lean toward more extreme ways of style I don't really know why so having an in-between color bothers me I guess. Now my only issue is what color to go with. I've done red so many times but I have to admit that I love this color.

Photobucket

And yes again that's Alaina, she always picks good hair colors I've never disliked one of hers before. Now she just sticks to dark brown though, which looks amazing on her. Anyway! All I know color wise is that I want to go darker. I don't want black because it just looks tacky, but a really dark dark brown might be nice. I just have a lot of people say I look like Alaina already, I don't know if I can have the same hair color as her too. It's kinda... well for lack of better words tacky! Alaina found a dark hair color that looks purple, but I just don't know if that's a good idea with the fact that I'm looking for a job and everything. I love crazy colored hair, but I'm just too old for it. I wish I could have done it all in junior high and high school and gotten it out of my system. Joyce told me she could put color in my hair that I could hide while at work and then show it off while I'm not, so I was going to ask her about that next time I went. Honestly it would be best to simply go to Joyce and ask her what she thinks I should do but I don't want to spend sixty dollars to get my hair dyed. Seriously, bleach is one thing but I can have Alaina color my hair at home for ten bucks, and that includes all the tools and such. If I do the red above I'll probably put black streaks in it just for the fun of it, I think that looks good and I've wanted to do so for a couple years now. Otherwise I'll probably just end up with a plain old brunette color :( There was another red that Alaina found that has just a tiny hint of purple that I know I could get away with, but I've had something really similar before and I want something new. Same with the cut. I hate not having more variety. I just feel like my hair is the one thing that I can change constantly but I can't seem to find anything that I like. Okay, that's a lie. I brought in a picture of a haircut that I LOVE to Joyce and asked her to cut my hair that way. It didn't turn out anything like the picture. I think she's scared to go too far, but honestly it's hair. It grows back and if something doesn't look good I can just chop it off and start over. I've done it several times before and I look dang good with short hair. I actually love the styles with short hair better, but long hair makes me feel more feminine.

Anyway, point is I need to dye my hair. Period.

PS-
This is the hair cut I wanted... and still want actually.

2 comments:

  1. My 2 cents, in case you really, really wanted to know... If you're going for a drastic color change, pay the money to go to your hairdresser the first time, to get her opinion on what will look good with your coloring, then do it yourself as it grows out. I don't think I've ever seen you with really short hair. I think it'd be awesome. Short, layered hair is still girly, Girly. You're beautiful no matter what. Love ya! (And love reading your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think that's some good advice :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete