Thursday, August 13, 2009

Job Searching

I've dropped off several applications now and a few different places: Einstein Bagels, Starbucks, and all the three or more star hotels I could think of... I also have been updating my Monster.com profile daily to try and attract some employers to me, but I highly doubt I will attain a decent job that way. So far it looks like Starbucks is interested in hiring me. I went in uber early in the morning (4:30am) to put in an application before work yesterday, then went back after work to introduce myself to the manager. He gave me a short, on the spot interview but seemed a bit put off with the fact that I go to school, but once I told him I am going at night I think he seemed a little more interested. I told him I could work open till three pm every day that he needs me to, so I hope that helps. He said he would call me no earlier than the begining of next week for an actual interview; if I don't hear from him by Tuesday I'll go "bug" him about it. I would love to work there though, not because I like coffee or anything, but because it's litterally a two minute walk from my house.
Other than that, I'm starting to get a bit more serious about the whole FIDM thing. I spoke with an advisor over the phone yesterday but it was a little weird. They had all kinds of information on me from around three years ago, you would think that if they stopped sending me stuff in the mail they would delete all my files, but no. She answered all the questions that would pop into my head and was very nice. My biggest problem right now is where to live. I want to live in the dorms, but I just can't live without my cats; they are my babies and the things that I look forward to coming home to every day. The advisor gave me a few options, and the one that I really need to think about is to live in the dorms for ten weeks (one semester) without my cats, and then to move out once I make friends that don't mind being my roommate with three cats somewhere else.

Alaina and I hung out last night, but she didn't seem to happy with my FIDM plans. I want to attend starting Fall of 2010 which means I would move at the latest one year from this week really. She wants me to wait three years and go with her, which I would but there really is no point for me to stay here once I get my associates degree. She can come move in with me later if she still wants to. Our polar opposite personalities probably wouldn't be the best under one roof though. We'll see.

Anyway, while we were hanging out last night we went shopping. I have never gotten so many dirty looks in my entire life! I was wearing my interview outfit so I know that I didn't look bad, I didn't smell according to Alaina, and the same went for her. We're still trying to figure out what we did yesterday to get people so bitchy with us. The salespeople, fat chicks, skinny chicks... everyone was just rude.
I still need to dye my hair.

Zuzu is my lil' cuddle buddy.

He loves to go on car rides.


He slept in my lap like this for over two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment