Monday, September 28, 2009

Stressin'

Nap Time

I took Sadie for a ride in the car today. We went to Petsmart for kitty litter, but boy she was happy. Usually she's scared of the salon there, but she just walked faster past it instead of trying to drag me out the door like she usually does.

(I love my baby, she makes me laugh.)

Last night I made progress on my art projects at work, but they still aren't finished. I'm at my parents right now so that I can get some more done on them. Mom sent me a link to UNLV and I glanced at some of the information. It makes me nacious to think about what I'm going to do next year; there are so many choices and each of them have pros and cons not to mention they all lead to different things. As of right now, there are four schools that I am concidering:

Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising Los Angeles, California


Pros:
  • Location
  • Interior Design degree
  • 1 year to Bachelors

Cons:

  • Expensive
  • Competative

Arizona State University Tempe, Arizona

Pros:

  • No moving
  • Know People
  • In State price
  • Already employed in AZ
Cons:
  • No Design degree
  • Too close to comfort zone

University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las Vegas, Nevada

Pros:

  • Close to family
  • Business and Hotel Management degree

Cons:

  • Las Vegas
  • No Design degree

Parsons School of Design New York City, New York

Pros:

  • Location (NEW YORK♥)
  • Design Degree
  • New start, too far to depend on comfort zone

Cons:

  • Expensive
  • 2 years where FIDM could give same for 1
  • Far away

So I have a lot on my mind right now. I love school, but it stresses me out in a big way. I don't ever want to have to stop going to school, if I could I would go to all four colleges above! But I can't, and that scares me.

What if I make a bad choice?

If I don't go to a design school,
my career won't revolve around art as I would like;
will I regret it for the rest of my life?

What if I do go to design school and it just ends up being an entire waste of money?

What if I don't even get accepted to any of the schools that I want.
I don't have the highest GPA.

[[Everything is going to be okay.]]

Whatever decision I make, will lead to a different life, a different adventure. I'm excited and ready! No matter what, I'll figure out a way to make things work for the better. After all, just because today could be the worst day of your life, tomorrow can always be a fresh start. Life is what you make it, and personally I plan on making mine the best.

On a more random note, there are five songs that I cannot stop listening to on repeat:
Crash and Burn Savage Garden - "If you need to crash, crash and burn you're not alone."
Your Call Seconhand Serenade - "This solitary moment makes me want to come back home and I'm tired of being all alone."
My Immortal Evanescence - "You used to captivate me by your resinating light, but now I'm bound by the life you left behind. Your face it haunts my once plesent dreams. Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me."
February Song Josh Groban - "How did I ever fade into this life? I don't ever want to let you down, forgive me if I slip away."
Come What May Moulin Rouge - "Never knew I could feel like this; like I've never seen the sky before."

I want more.
I'm still looking for the perfect violin/piano combo.
I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to create it myself.
:)

Someday...
[[Everything will be okay.]]
Right now, you're still on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment