Saturday, October 3, 2009

Decision Made

Friday night I went to my parents house since Mom invited me to go to JC Penny to return clothes for Dad and to Costco for dinner. I also needed to figure out my class schedule for next semester, since obviously the one that I had planned would have been the death of me. Plus Mom and Dad thought that I was closer than that to an associates. After what seemed like forever, I was extremely discouraged. My mind was finally made up to go to UNLV next year, but it was looking like there were credits I had taken that wouldn't transfer. Finally, I was tired and cranky, and didn't feel like looking at it anymore. I laid down on the floor of Mom's office and passed out while she did all the work. Dad came in and laughed at me, telling me to go to the couch or something. Being half asleep as I was, I didn't budge until a little later at which point I was going to go home but only made it as far as my old bed.

The next morning Mom had everything figured out and we sat down for me to write down all the actual class numbers so that I would be ready to sign up as soon as available on Monday. She had found out that a few of my classes should be at SCC, but eventually I got a full schedule at MCC so I don't have to attend two schools at once. Although, one of my classes is at the Red Mountain campus instead of Southern and Dobson. Gr, long drive, but at least I will be done with it and Mom knows the teacher and students have given her all positive ratings on RateMyProfessor.com.

New Spring Schedule:
  • History of the Middle Ages (Monday 7-10pm)
  • Introduction to Logic (Tuesday 7-10pm)
  • Public Speaking (Wednesday 7-10pm)
  • Surveying English Literature After 1800 (Internet)
  • College Algebra (Internet)

I was supposed to go hang out with Carrie a couple nights ago, but I got called in to work on late notice. Apparently, Pam called saying she would be late, and then two hours after her shift was supposed to start she quit. Why she couldn't just do that in the first place, I'm not really sure. I didn't even really hesitate to go in, I could always go hang out after- a little extra money is always a good thing! Now that Pam has quit, Carrie will not only get Monday and Tuesday nights, but Friday and Saturday as well; that is, once she's done training. She'll be happy for the hours. However, her birthday is this week, and she already informed Victoria that she would be out of town this weekend. Friday night Victoria agreed to work, but she asked me to work Saturday. Again, I don't mind a little extra money. The following week after that, Jeff wants to go hunting so I may end up working at his hotel on that Saturday as well. I'm not so sure about that one, his hotel has several more issues that I don't really like to deal with. But I will, every once in a while.

After work Saturday, I went over to Andrew's for a party. There were several people there, but for some reason at his parties everyone is always pretty nice to "new people." It was fun, although slightly aggravating since there were several couples there. Talk about being the 17th wheel... Like I said though, it was fun :) I left around one-thirty since I had math homework to work on and I didn't want to stay up too awfully late; Danny called after the party was over and said, "Andrew told me you left half way through what's the deal?" I just laughed. He said bye to me as I walked out the door, but I guess he didn't realize I was leaving? We talked for over an hour, which was odd; I never talk on the phone...

Anyway! While at work I was figuring out bills again since Mom had just cashed the rent check. Somehow, someway, my APS bill ended up being $10 negative instead of owing $90+. How? I don't really know. I didn't see any double payments last month, but maybe I did. It was a very nice surprise though! More money for savings this month :)

Speaking of money, there are several things on my "I want" list as of right now, but I'm trying oh so hard to hold back. I don't want to put things on my credit card and I want to have that certain amount in my savings before I start spending money again. I already spend a butt-load more on food than what I would like. But! I decided to make a list with pictures and everything so that I can look at and admire the things that I will one day have... no harm in a little motivation right? ;)


Product: Smashbox Photo Finish
Store: Ulta
Price: $42

Mandy wrote a blog about this a while back, and now I'm curious. I had never even heard of a primer before her post, but I love putting makeup on so I figured hey, why not? She said that Ulta has it in a kit for fifty dollars, but I couldn't find it online. Oh well, that just gives me an excuse to go in to the makeup store :)

Product: bareMinerals foundation
Store: Ulta
Price: $30

The site tries to sell this product for $28. When I found the kit for $30, there was no way that I was going to purchase one product when I could get a whole pack for $2 more. Stupid. Mom is the one that got me addicted to this stuff before a dance in high school; I've never had a problem with acne really, but it never failed on the day of a dance to have one or two major zits on my face. Somehow she managed to make my skin look almost flawless. I have to admit that I don't really know how to use it as well as she does, but every once in a while I can make it look how I want it to :)


Product: Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
Store: Walmart
Price: $7-$10

This is one of my favorites. When I don't have time but feel like I have to put some sort of makeup on, this is what I choose. It's quick, it's easy, and I don't mess it up! I pretty much like all of the mascaras that have this brush on them, it doesn't clump and makes my lashes curl but grow at the same time. Loves it!



Product: L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Eyeliner, Carbon Black 690
Store: Walmart
Price: $7-$10

Another of my favys. Alaina got me addicted to an eyeliner very similar to this one, I think the only difference is that it's a dark brown instead of black like this one. I'm pretty sure other than that it's the same stuff, same company and all you know? Anyway, while I was at Walmart looking for the original product that I used, the one that Alaina introduced me to, I was having difficulty as usual. For some reason, I could never find it as quickly as she did. However, the product pictured above caught my eye, and while I was studying it, I noticed that it was sitting right next to the other. I compared, and then made my decision: this could be the minor upgrade that I had been looking for, which it was! It's so easy to put on compared to most liquid liners, and I don't need to retrace every five minutes.



Product: Hair cut/Dye
Store: Joyce
Price: $80

I really need to find a job that doesn't care whatsoever what color my hair is. Then, I could do so much more that I want to! However, knowing me, it will never happen. So instead, I simply have to find ways around it. I love, love, love my latest hair cut and color, but sadly it has faded way too much for my taste and my bangs have gotten too long to be where I want them. Plus they like to stick up when I'm not paying attention. Annoying. I'm trying to figure out if the picture above (with more bang) would be too much for work... probably. But I will be going with blue instead of purple next time :)



Product: Piercings
Store: Varries
Price: $5-$40 per piercing

[[I like jewelry .]] I would like to get another piercing to make a total of three in my ear lobes; 14 gage, 16 gage, and 18 gage. I already have a 14 and an 18. I'm also debating on getting the top of my left done as well, but that won't be for a while in all likeliness. Also, I want to get my bellybutton pierced (again) but since it's been pierced twice already it seems to like to open the old hole which makes it very difficult to heal.



Product: Rampage Kassy Oxford boots
Store: Macy's
Price: $50

I have had my eye on a similar pair of boots for years. I like them better with the ribbon shoelace, but that's an easy fix. The reason I don't have these even though I've liked them for so long is that they are just a tad too pricey; I cannot bring myself to spend that much money on shoes. Just can't.

I am also looking for another pair of boots, but I can't find them anywhere. I have an image in my head, but that's it. Two inch thick-ish heal, knee length, lace up boots. I have been in search for these for what seems like an eternity!

Okay, so I've been working on this post on and off for the past couple of days and to be honest I've already forgotten a lot of what I was going to add. So instead, I shall end it and start anew next time. Time for school!

I hate business law.

No comments:

Post a Comment