Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eventuful Morning

Yesterday was such an average day; get up, go to work, go to school, go home. Work dragged on forever because the new manager Dana and Christene were there with Victoria. Christene got there first of the three, and actually helped me unload some supplies that should have been done over the weekend. Cindy was complaining like crazy, so I really didn't have to talk to Christene much, but I don't think we're going to have any problems working together. I hope so at least.


Victoria told me that Susan is coming next week, so I have to find my headband or get a new one and wear a bandaid on my face. Whoohoo! I'm hoping she comes Monday or Tuesday so that I'm not there.


After school, I went home and ate my leftover Panda. That food gives me a stomach ache, which is weird but I like it anyway. I then changed out of my work clothes and took a shower before picking Danny up to meet friends at Harem Nights. I had never been there before, and neither had Danny. It had a really cool atmosphere and the waitresses were all super sweet. One of the kids we met up with is from America, but is of Persian decent. Danny told him he looked Arab, which I thought was absolutely hilarious but everyone else didn't seem to think it was weird at all. Danny told him that he was Lebanese, and the kid nodded but I don't think he had any idea what he was agreeing to. Later, a song came on that I first thought was Arab, but then it sounded spanish and I was like, what? I asked Danny what it was and the kid said, "Arabic of some sort." Danny nodded and said, "Egyption Arabic." The kid shook his head saying that it couldn't be and he highly doubted it yada yada. My mouth hung open in shock; was this kid really telling someone who was born and raised in the middle east and who had also been to Egypt several times that he was wrong? After a few minutes of explaining that he lived in Lebanan, Danny dropped it until we got in the car later, where he cracked jokes and made humor out of it.


I slept on the couch last night because my nice clean laundry is on my top bunk and the dirty clothes are on the bottom. I need to clean. Anyway, I woke up at two thinking it was time for work, then again at three. I woke up again at four because I had a dream that my dad died from a spider bite. Where that came from, I have no idea. But then when it came to be five thirty and my alram was going off, I slept right through it. I woke up to Jeffrey saying, "Don't you have to go to work today? It's Thursday." I asked him what time it was, and he said sevenfifteen. I leaped from the couch and ran around the house like a headless chicken. He had to help me find my keys, which were sitting right in front of me. Victoria called me for the third time as I was walking to my car; boy was she happy! "How long is it going to be before you get there, I'm in my car and Pam needs to go to work." I told her five minutes and ran to my car.


When I walked in the door Pam looked very angry. I knew that she would, she has another job to go to and that job dosen't know that she works this one so being late has no excuse for her. I held my hand out for the keys and told her to go to work I would clock her out. She gave me the keys but didn't move. I walked into the office because the phone was ringing, but she picked it up. I tried to figure out why she wasn't leaving. It wasn't until the second phone call that I realized Victoria was still on her way to work. I asked Pam if I should clock her out and she said of course, I hesitated in clocking myself in, thinking that V was coming in to fire me. Pam said she was sorry and didn't want to call her but she couldn't get a hold of me, then she left and V walked in a minute later. She wasn't upset, or at least didn't seem like it. She just told me that Pam said this was the third time that I was late on a Thursday and asked if I shouldn't be working Thursdays anymore. I assured her that I was fine and that I just didn't hear my alarm which is what has happened every time that I have been late; although I only can recall twice but still... The phone rang and Victoria left as I was making a reservation.


At about eight o'clock in the morning, a girl that has been staying here on and off for a little while came down gasping for air and crying very hard. She asked me to use the phone since she couldn't find hers and I gave it to her. I didn't want to pry, but boy was I curious. About fortyfive minutes later a man came down that has been staying with her. He made me nervous and I watched him carefully. He tried to pull her up out of the chair she was sitting in and I told him to keep his hands off of her. He held them in the air and told me, "It's not like that." I simply asked that he just doesn't grab her because it made me nervous and he agreed. For a minute. I went to give the housekeepers a note and I heard her telling him to stop. When I went back into the office he was forcefully guiding her out the door and one of the housekeepers followed them out while I called 911.


In the middle of the call they started to come back in because Cindy was yelling at him to keep his hands off. She sat in the chair and seemed like she was in a lot of pain; she had already called her dad earlier to come pick her up and take her to the hospital due to something being wrong with her that I never figured out. As he was walking in the door I was giving a description to the operator and he asked if I was calling the police; Cindy said, "Of course she is keep your hands off!" I didn't respond to him. He then told his girlfriend or whatever to tell me that she is okay and the police didn't need to come here. She told me she already had a ride to the hospital, but that's all she would say. Once I was off the phone, he went into the stairway and I walked out into the lobby to talk to her and see if she was okay. I asked if he abused her and she said yes, then started appologizing profusely for being a disturbance. I told her that it wasn't her fault and that the police would be here any minute and we would get everything taken care of.


However, the police didn't ask any questions of me. I know the girl couldn't tell them that he hits her, and he denied it fullheartedly. Eventually the guy did come downstairs and walk out with a bag of his stuff, throwing his arms up and giving me the, "Now look what you did" look. The police were gone before I could even ask for an incident report for my records, but they did tell her dad who arrived toward the end to get her to the hospital there is something sersiouly wrong with her.


Honestly I'm a little angry that the police didn't do more. She's going to end up back with him and he's going to be as abusive as ever. She needs help. She needs to go somewhere to be away from him. My housekeeper that didn't get involved told me it's the way things work. He's a pimp and she's a ho and if she gets involved he'll come after her. It makes me angry. So if she were to walk by a girl being beaten she would just keep walking? I couldn't do that. Men who hit women are freaking babies, and they don't want to go to jail. If you stand up to them, at least when you are in public, they aren't going to do a thing. It makes me want to cry that people can be so selfish. Seriously, if I feel that I can help someone I'm going to. If the dude swung at me I'd kick him in the manparts and call the police. I am so disappointed in those police officers today though. He threw his girlfriend across the parking lot and all they did was send him on his way. Some say it's her fault for getting back with him, which it is, but seriously could you walk away from someone that scared you of being beaten? Like I said, she needs help.


[[I'm so angry right now.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment