Monday, November 23, 2009

In Response

Mandy wrote a blog about
recieving flowers as well as her favorite flower
and then asked,
"What is your favorite flower, why that one?"
It got me thinking,
do I have a favorite flower?
There are SO many beautiful flowers
can I really pick a favorite?





My name is
Singing Daisy
but I don't even really like daisies.
They're pretty
but a bit too simple for my taste.
They have colored ones,
but they just look so fake.



I love blue flowers,
but I still have yet to find one that is
just right.
AND
I can't tell if the ones I've seen
are real or not?

Beautiful, but nameless?

Is it even real?
Or is this just a dye job?

Do I choose on looks?
Meaning?
Authenticity?
Or something else all together?

To answer my previous question

I can and do have a favorite flower.

The Stargazer Lily
even the name is breathtaking!
I love its shape
I love its color
I love its smell
I love its presense!

As a part of the lily family,
this heavonly flower represents
innocence and purity
but it also is a symbol of
wealth, prosperity, and aspriration.

When I hold these flowers,
I see the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment