Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another One

Sometimes,
I feel like such a little kid.
I always find myself idolizing people...
I idolize everyone in different ways.
I just like to see the positive in everyone
I like to try to apply that to myself.
I'm always working on being a better person,
and I think it helps to look at others
for guidance.

Anyway,
my point is that sometimes I like to copy.
(Ideas, not homework.)
This is another post that Mandy inspired
although,
she did ask a question
which I'm going to answer
so I guess you could say it's a response.

She wrote a blog about finding a
word
to help through the new year.

"Not a word to define you, not a word that will remind you to do something
or help you achieve your desired resolution.*

but a word that will help you achieve something positive?
a word that will help you make your own positive influence in your life?"

Throughout her blog,
I kept trying to think,
what would my word be?
Nothing came up,
and I figured that my resolutions would be enough.

Then she said
"*I think resolution's are a great place to start to find a word"
And a word popped into my head.
Achieve.
But then it occurred to me that it would be cheating
since the word is supposed to help me "achieve"
So instead,
I have picked a different word.

2009 wasn't my best year
I had fun
met some friends,
lost some friends,
and realized that I didn't like what I was doing
or I guess I should say
what I wasn't doing.

My grades slipped
my life vanished
and I found myself at a standstill.
I had no goals set.
My day kept repeating itself:
Get up
go to work
eat
go to school
eat
go home
watch TV
go to bed.
And then the next day was the
exact
same
thing.
Over and over and over again.
I wasn't even saving much money,
if any at all.
What's worse,
I was spending it all on food.

Well,
when I realized all of this
it was probably around August.
It took me a while
to get back up on my feet.
I wasn't fast enough
to get my grades up
or to get my social life back,
but I'm working on it.

I don't want my life
to just be day by day
I want my life to be
extraordinary!
I have to make it that way.

So,
my word for 2010 is
Succeed.

I chose succeed because I want to get somewhere this year.
I don't care where,
as long as it's forward
since 2009 was probably about
five steps back.
I don't expect everything to go
exactly how I want it to,
but I plan on doing my best
to do everything that I can.


1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great word for you! The list of things you can succeed at is never ending and applicable to everything you do in life.
    Good luck, girl! and i hope you know that i lovvee that you actually answer my questions!

    ReplyDelete