Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Simplicity

I woke up this morning feeling under the weather; my throat was soar and I had a cough that sounded like a dying whale. So, I decided to stay curled up in my confusing, sleeping-bag-like blanket while watching TV until lunch time. I was stranded at my parents anyway, since my mom and I took my car in to the auto shop yesterday afternoon. Around noon, Mom picked me up and took me to Subway before dropping me off to wait for my car to be ready. The mechanics told me that I needed a new battery, but the guy at Checker told me I didn't. Now I'm a little worried my car is just going to randomly die on me one of these days...

I couldn't help but laugh at myself when I got home. I started to put my new hamper together and realized that I put the top corners on the bottom and now they're stuck, so the top has wheels sticking straight up in the air. That's what I get for not reading the instructions I guess.

When I got to work I tried my hardest to stay out of Laila and Christine's way. They were both in rotton moods and I kept getting snapped at for things I had no control over... once they left though my night went super fast. I didn't have any time to work on homework, which is a bit disappointing, but I'm off until class at seven tomorrow, so I can catch up then. Most of all the guests today were in pretty good moods. I had several of the regulars come down to chit chat while I was busy, but I didn't really mind. I enjoy "hanging out" with the guests- it's the best part of my job! There was one guy (who is always picking fights with me) that straight up yelled at me tonight, but I just told him he doesn't have to stay there. He wasn't happy with it, but it got him to sign the paperwork that needed to be done.

The drive home was the best part of my night I think; rain always puts me in a better mood :) I started off listening to the violin introductions of a Josh Groban song, and then listened to Lullaby. After that I decided to turn off the radio and listen to the rain... it was calming. I wanted to take pictures, but I was driving so I figured that would be a pretty bad idea.

When I got home my cats were all asleep next to one another, but quickly came to greet me when I turned on the light. I decided to open the sliding door for the cats to stare out the screen; they don't see rain often so it always seems to fascinate them. That and I just love to listen to the rain so it's always nice to leave it open.

No comments:

Post a Comment