Friday, January 1, 2010

One More Year

New Years Day
Yay
:)

I didn't get my RCA post finished like I had hoped I would. In fact, I haven't written anything on it in a while and I kind of like it that way. It was one of the biggest things that has ever happened in my life, and at times it's the only thing that I can think about. I want to remember, but I don't want it to consume my life and that is why I like the fact that I haven't been able to add anything recently. Last night at midnight, it clicked in my head that I graduated two years ago; I couldn't believe it had been that long.

I didn't get good grades Fall semester. Honestly, I didn't even get okay grades. I'm not happy about it, I'm embarrassed about it, but I'm not going to let it keep me from getting good grades this semester.

Now that I have the "didn'ts" out of the way, I can write out my new year's resolutions :)

First off, does anyone find it funny how everyone feels like the new year is supposed to make things magically easier? I mean, why is it that we make new year resolutions? Why not make them any day? Does the fact that the last [two] digits of the year change make anything different? No. And yet, here I am, making my goals for the year. Hopefully, they're realistic enough for me to keep.

Get Good Grades
All A's and B's
with the exception of math
where I may have to let a couple of C's slide
(two math classes)
I don't plan on getting C's
but like I said,
I'm trying to be realistic.
If I get straight A's
I'm buying myself something spectacular
I just haven't decided what yet
:D

Meet People
I don't talk to people much
classes are just in and out and on your way,
I work alone,
and I have the hardest time talking to strangers.
That's not true.
I can talk to anyone
but they have to start the conversation
it's kind of weird.

Get Into Photography
I love taking pictures.
LOVE IT!
But,
I want to get into the kind of photography
that I'll be able to hang around my house.
I've never been the type to enjoy scenery shots,
I enjoy pictures of people!
But I have no subjects.
This kinda goes hand in hand
with my "Meet People" goal
C:

Draw!
Drawing is another thing that I love
but I do not do enough of it
(because I'm lazy)
I want to hang my artwork.
There are a couple of drawings I did last semester
that I feel are good enough to go up
but I want to get better
and I want to learn color.

Save Money
I do this already.
Actually,
I think this is something that I'm REALLY good at.
But!
My goal is to save
at least $100 from every paycheck
I usually can do more,
but every once in a while
I cut things close
and end up with around $50 for savings.
I don't like that.

Let me put it this way;
very rarely does my checking go under $100.
I don't like when it does that
and my account emails me when it does.
I'm very paranoid about it.
So when I get my paycheck,
I figure out my bills,
and try to pay everything with that paycheck.
For instance,
lets say I have a $500 check,
and just to make it easy I have three bills for $100 each.
That means I have $200 left over,
which stays in my checking,
but whatever was in my checking before that check
goes into my savings.
It's quite fun to do actually.
But if I get a $300 check for those bills,
that means that I have nothing left over
which means no money goes into my savings.
My goal doesn't allow for that,
so we'll see how things go :)

Be Nice
This one I know is kind of odd
but I don't really know how to explain it.
I'm a nice person,
sometimes too nice
but at the same time
I can get kind of catty.
I haven't been recently
(with the exception of work related topics)
and it's made me feel better.
Like I said,
it's hard to explain
So, moving on.

Schedule
This is probably my least realistic goal.
I find myself wide awake at one in the morning at times,
and even on nights before work!
Getting up isn't difficult
but then as soon as I sit down to relax,
I'm out!
...
Until ten, at which point I can't sleep again.
I want to get on a better schedule.

One Me a Month
I like to splurge a little every so often,
and spa days are perfect for splurging.
I no longer get a water delivery every month
so that saves me $38.38
I was planing on just saving it,
but I figured a little me time is better :)

There are a few different things I can do for pampering:
Manicure
Pedicure
Facial
Massage
Hair cut/dye

Prices vary between $20 and $100
so it'd be nice to do one of these things every month.
I want to pick a specific day,
like the third Saturday of the month or something,
but we'll see.
I feel like I'm missing something, but I can't think of anything else. Plus I need to start working on math homework...

...

Stalling.
:}

No comments:

Post a Comment